Wednesday, October 22, 2008

You and me and the bottle makes three tonight

Macedonia has a law for everything. It is amazing. Just recently, I found out that in May 2007, the Law on Equal Regional Development was adopted. I would never think to write or pass such a law. I made a comment to my Macedonian co-worker that Macedonia has a law for everything and she smiled and said something to the effect of, "yes, but what is the point if it [the law] is not implemented? The law might as well not exist." True. Then I think about how a law like this would work in the US (or not work as the case may be). How do you enforce such a law? I guess when the country has the same area size as Vermont, like Macedonia, a law like this could be enforced. That being said, Macedonia is very mountainous and some villages are virtually inaccessible in the winter so my questions about realistic implementation still linger...ok, staff meeting time.

Tonight is dinner with the parents and the boyfriend. I am so glad they all get along so well. :)

No comments: