Friday, October 17, 2008

Stayin' Alive

My parents arrive on Sunday. I want to warn you that I will try to update my blog regularly during their two week visit here, however, please forgive me if it is not updated as regularly :) I can't remember what I told you about their visit, so here goes. They arrive at 15:00 Skopje time and will no doubt be tired. They are actually leaving Colorado tonight, flying and having a ridiculously long lay over in Toronto. This is actually good because they are going to visit my great-Aunt and Uncle, sleeping at their place and enjoying the city before heading off to some place in Germany, I think. Then they fly to Slovenia, then to Skopje. So, while they will be traveling for over 48 hours, the rest in Toronto will be excellent and a good time to catch up with loved ones.

Meanwhile, my paper on social inclusion is still not done and I am worried that it is total garbage. What if it isn't what my supervisor is looking for? There is a lot of information in the paper but it may not be the right information. Also, I feel like it is disorganized. My goal is to just get everything out on paper, worry about editing it later. Before I faint over editing it and flow, I want to make sure it is what is being asked. Tell me literature review, no problem...but desk research is not exactly a literature review as has been explained to me. Oh and I have to come up with suggestions for UNIFEM. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't know!!! But I am sure I will come up with something and thankfully, we are a team here so my colleagues might read the paper and see an excellent suggestion that because I am so buried in the information, I don't see.

Ok, enough whining. There is a jazz festival and a wine tasting festival in Skopje this weekend. I am not sure what Igor and I are going to do in terms of going out. We've been together a month and he gave me a small gift. So endearing! I need to figure out how to show my appreciation and am at a loss. You don't buy boys flowers or write notes...do you? I am so rusty on this whole relationship thing...and my parents are bringing him Clif bars and a calendar of Colorado wilderness...

Back to the paper. Still open to suggestions of bringing the women's movement public.

No comments: