Friday, July 25, 2008

Secret Agent

Dominika and I have listened to Secret Agent radio for the last 3 days. What is Secret Agent radio? It is a web based radio station that sounds like something straight out of James Bond movies. It is fun to listen to and makes me feel like I am doing my work in some swankly lounge as opposed to sitting at my desk, which is covered in papers.

This weekend I will be staying in Skopje. I am tired and the weather has been cool and drizzly, making it perfect sleeping weather. On Sunday, I will be going to Damjanka's house for dinner. She is my host-mom/landlady. Hooray for homemade Macedonian food!!! I need to finish knitting Audrey's scarf and clean my flat. I know you are getting jealous of my weekend plans. Just look at the title of my blog - it explains all!

It looks like at least part of my holiday will be spent in Croatia. My friend and I are supposed to plan our trip this coming week. I will update the blog on my plans.

In other news, I received feedback on my draft for recommendations for UNIFEM regarding entry points for women's economic rights. Audrey and Dominika were very supportive of my ideas and liked my paper so I am happy! Most likely, nothing will come of my recommendations until September when my new supervisor starts and everyone gets back from holiday. When I say everyone, I mean the entire country of Macedonia. So, in August, I will be working on a domestic violence funding proposal of sorts. More details to come when things are a bit more official.

No comments: