Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New dish and my holiday plans

This is a ram from when I went to the Macedonian mountains a couple weeks ago. He was super friendly, despite being continuously head-butted by the other ram, which you can see his legs in the background.

I forgot to write that I learned how to make a delicious, refreshing "soup". Damjanka and I had a great time cooking together on Sunday. She taught me how to make the soup from yogurt, cucumbers, garlic and a bit of oil. Boban informed me this was not a soup, but a salad. Whatever it is, I like it and it is very refreshing on a hot summer afternoon. Damjanka made baked beans, which is a very traditional Macedonian food, an eggplant spread and vanilla creme for dessert. It was a wonderful afternoon. Once I can get my computer to recognize my flash drive, I will up load the photos.

In other news, I am going on holiday next week for about 2 weeks. I am travelling with a Peace Corps volunteer, Dao. We are meeting in Sarajevo, then going to another city in Bosnia Herzegovina, then up to Croatia. We may head down to Montenegro too. I will try to update my blog as often as I can. The pictures will have to wait because I will not be bringing my computer with me. I am realizing that I am getting older because I don't want to have to share a room in the hostel, except with Dao, if I don't have to. Thankfully, she is very understanding. Nona and I had a great time in Hawaii in our shared rooms, but since Dao and I are moving around so much, it is important to get a good nights sleep!

Finally, I am working on my final paper for my Masters program. I am a bit nostalgic for a year ago when I knew I was moving to Philly and scared about being back in school after 5 years off. I wonder where I will be a year from now! I am also working on brainstorming with my co-worker regarding projects/interventions to combat domestic violence in Macedonia. Duty calls!

1 comment:

zoNa said...

god, i can't tell you how much i wish i could join you and dao on this trip. it sounds amazing! can we do a similar one together someday???