Thursday, July 31, 2008

Adios and 6 Applications!

This is a sign in the small village we stayed in near the Albanian border. I think the man we were staying with made this sign.

Audrey is en route to Iceland as I type and I am sad she is gone. While her last official day was Friday, she was in for part of the day throughout the week. I really respect Audrey's calm, strong demeanor. She taught me a lot and was very patient with me and for that, I am grateful. I hope that our paths cross again in the future.

Now, to completely change subjects, I have applied to six jobs this week! Not bad. The jobs are located in: UK, DC, Colorado, San Francisco and Baltimore. I had this "duh" realization that while my passion lies in women's empowerment, I can bring gender mainstreaming to any job I hold. The majority of the positions deal in one way or another in women's issues and I am cautiously optimistic about my future. It feels like I am shooting in the dark when applying - a lot of these organizations are new to me - and who knows if they are genuinely looking for someone or are just advertising to jump through the hoops. I think I am off to a good start looking for a position. I am also in the process of entering my resume and info on various websites of international organizations - like OSCE so they can offer me a job when one opens up here in Skopje :)

I can't believe I am going to be gone for 2 weeks. I leave for Sarajevo Sunday evening, if all goes according to plan. Boban and I are calling the bus station in a few minutes to get the details on my illustrious bus ride. I will be so tired when I get to Sarajevo. I can hardly wait to be a history buff again in such a historic city.

1 comment:

zoNa said...

bon voyage emily!