Friday, July 11, 2008

Gettin' hitched

Zdravo! As you can see from the comments on my last post, the name issue for many Macedonians and lovers of Macedonia is very important and there is a lot of passion surrounding the treatment of Macedonia as a country and as an ethnic minority group in neighboring countries.

This weekend, I am going to have a truly Macedonian experience. I am going with Dominika and her family to a small village in the mountains to see a traditional Macedonian wedding. This is an actual wedding, put on by the municipality and it is a tourist attraction. My understanding is that a couple, where one of the parties can prove their ties to the villlage, has a publically sponsored wedding. There is traditional Macedonian music and folk dancers. I will take loads of pictures and put them up on my blog sometime next week. It should be fun. Here is the smallest member of our group, Dominika's son (I have no clue why the picture is sideways, but somehow I think it is appropriate).

I will tell you about my infultration of the Democrats Abroad and the weekend once I get back. Ciao friends!

No comments: