Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hung Up

My internship is off to a fast start. Thankfully, I really enjoy my projects and the people I work with. I just wish I could get a decent night's sleep so I was more rested. I am so busy and I feel like I am constantly reading something. This has to do with the Stimulus package and all the amendments and how this will affect the States. I really feel like I have a tremendous opportunity here and I have already learned so much. One of my projects is calling the Senators and Representative's offices to confirm or find out who the staff members are that work on the issues we deal with. These poor offices are getting so many calls about the Stimulus. I get busy signals a lot and leave voice mails. The staffers answering the phones have been great.

I am also working on getting info together about each individual state and how the contracting economy influences their budgets and human service programs. Additionally, I am working on updating and getting information for one of our websites. I get to do a lot of writing and researching so it is fun!

My commute is about an hour each way and by the time I get home, I am pretty tired. I was hoping to run on the treadmill more but so far, it looks like the weekends are the only time I have to do this. I am going out with a friend from high school on Friday night. She is an attorney in the area. Saturday, some friends from Penn are coming down and we are all going out to lunch/sightseeing so it should be fun! I know a lot of people in the area and hope that I can connect with them soon. I am still getting my bearings so that will happen in all due time!

Finally, I am freezing today because I decided I needed to wear a skirt. While I look great, the wind has not been kind to me. Fashion hurts, or in this case, stings. My coat is great, but it is not quite long enough. Oh well, I am not outside that much anyways! Take care!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh man, i know what you mean! i only brought fashionable skirts and light weight shirts for my interview and i FROZE for three days. and of course you can't complain while at an interview! hang in there beauty queen ;)