Monday, February 23, 2009

Baby_Cakes

There is not much of an update on the job front, other than there are a couple positions I am applying to this week. The President's budget comes out on Thursday and I know that will create a flurry of activity here at my internship. His non-State of the Union address tomorrow evening will provide many topics of discussion as well along with Jindal's response. Speaking of Jindal, reading the NYT article on the riff in the ranks of Republican governor's makes me think that this is the prelude to the 2012 Republican primary. The far-right vs. the moderates. 2010 will influence 2012, but watch for the dialogue in the NYT article to get much nastier as the primaries gear-up.

In other news, hearkening back to my time in Macedonia and the Western Balkans, I was pleased to see an editorial in the NYT saying we need to pay attention to Bosnia-Herzegovina. While there is a lot going on domestically, foreign affairs will need some attention as well. Here's hoping for a miracle that Macedonia is accepted into NATO in April. I highly doubt the Greeks will allow such a thing. I am pretty sure Macedonia has troops serving in Afghanistan. They let NATO use their infrastructure during the Kosovo campaign too. They're playing nice, let's let them in.

1 comment:

zoNa said...

good luck at your meeting today em! my fingers are crossed that they will offer you the job!