Friday, June 27, 2008

Un-friggin Believable

OH MY GOSH! I AM ACTUALLY TYPING THIS BLOG POST FROM MY HOME!!! Can you friggin believe it? 8 hours and 10 men later and here I am. Now, I had to take my laptop home from work, but hey, I am still at home. I am almost back to myself. Almost.

Today has been rough. I have a financial matter that I did not realize was a problem until this morning. I know they made the mistake, but it is super stressful for me. I know it will be sorted out, but nothing like trying to deal with money issues from halfway around the world. A few hours after realizing said problem, my fingers got smooshed in a door between two metal parts. The good news? It was a door to a yarn store and let me tell you yarn is cheap here! I am going to make my supervisor a scarf since her last day is July 31st. At first, I did not realize how cheap the yarn was. I saw the price of 600 denars ($15 USD) and I thought that was a skein. I was desperate and thought "well, if I have to, I have to." I did not have to. It is 600 denars a kilo. So, for 4 skeins of yarn, I paid 130 denars ($3.25) and 2 skeins are a nice mohair blend. And, there is a knitting group. Granted, they only speak Macedonian, but the shop lady is going to find out the information and tell me the next time I am in the store. Knitting, my friends, is a universal language. I need to practice my Macedonian anyway.

No comments: