Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Total Frustration

I am very frustrated. I thought I had internet at my home, after spending 6 hours with 8 different men in my house from the cable company during the installation process. Yes, you read correctly. 8 different employees of the cable company have been to my home to provide yours truly with a cable modem hook up. I tried to use my Mac this weekend to no avail so I think, "I'll just take my work PC laptop home and use that." Ha ha ha ha HA. No dice. Somehow, I STILL don't have internet at home. I just started crying. What else can I do? I am sure have 2-3 more hours of various cable men coming, again, to my flat to figure out the problem. I haven't had a real conversation with my mother since I arrived - they have been 10 minutes in length, max, and I have been at work. I am trying to refrain from obscenities and lashing out about my personal thoughts as to why there could be economic problems here, but for now, I will keep quiet. Calabaza, my friend from Spain, suggested I use Spanish profanities in lieu of English ones. I liked this idea until I remembered that many people here watch Spanish Novellas. What if they understood the words coming from my mouth? Of course, I would not direct my profanities at individuals, rather, the situation in general. But no. If you can't say something nice, do not say anything at all. For the most part, my stay here has been wonderful. This internet situation, however, is just an exercise of pure frustration.

No comments: