Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Shallow Moment

It is strange to write about this after my recent blog posts, but I could not let this pass without comment. I seem to encounter leather pants a lot. I consider it a gift - the fact that I seem to encounter leather pants. The leather pants I encounter are not hanging in a window, rather they are people actually wearing leather pants. To make matters more interesting, my last 2 encounters with leather pants have violated my fashionista sensibilities. Now, I do not claim to be completely qualified to comment on fashion, despite watching a lot of FashionTV in the past few weeks (not voluntarily - it is on at the coffee bars). That being said, I think you will agree with me on this fashion comment. I saw a man wearing leather pants on a day that was over 90 degrees outside. To make matters worse, he was also wearing a fanny pack, on the front. While fanny packs may be convenient, they are seriously not acceptable, under any circumstances, but especially with expensive, leather pants. In addition to the fanny pack, his shirt was sleeveless to show off his muscles. I wanted to tell him that it is really hard to appear tough while wearing a fanny pack. The fanny pack manages to cancel out any ounce of coolness that may have been present with the leather pants, sleeveless black shirt, biker boots, muscles, good hairdo, etc. Clearly, this individual has some issues surrounding appropriate clothing combinations. I can appreciate the fact that he decided fashion over comfort, considering the temperature outside; I cannot abide the fanny pack, on the front, no less. I have noticed many fashion victims during my time here, but this one, so far, takes the cake. Forgive my digression.

1 comment:

zoNa said...

digression forgiven.

have you been to the beach yet? i think the men's beach fashion will give you plenty of fashion blunders to write about... just a hunch.