Monday, March 23, 2009

These_Things

I am so excited! First, I was officially offered a job here at my internship so as of April 1st, I will have my first full-time, full benefits job since I worked for the State of Colorado back in 2003. That's right, I have been self-insured and had no 401k almost my entire working life. But now, all I will have to pay for is co-pays! This is so exciting for me.

Add to my excitement that I found a fantastic apartment and now, all I have to do is be approved by the leasing company. I am nervous, just because they want 2 pay stubs and, well, I don't have that yet. I have an offer letter, which should be sufficient for now...this apartment is EXACTLY where I want to live, in a neighborhood called Meridian Hill. Meridian Hill is half-way between Adams Morgan and the U Street Corridor. Click here to see the link to the park just down the street from my apartment. I'll have my own bedroom and full bathroom and my new roommate seems really great, fun and responsible. Please keep your fingers crossed the leasing company picks me. This is what I was looking for in my future dwelling. My friend, Sarah, saw the place with me and she said "make an offer" right after we walked in. It just works.

Ok, back to work. Just think, in a week and a half, I'll be getting PAID for what I do :)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow, things are really falling into place. I'm so happy for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

its a novel concept, huh?! :)