Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Circle_in_the_Sand

I am still chugging along in my internship and am still very happy here. I had a bit of a morale booster today when some of the edits/suggestions I made on a colleague's paper were included in the final write-up. It is silly - I am contributing regularly to weekly publications, but still, this felt good. It validates me as a professional and as a writer.

In other news, I am suffering from serious insomnia. I think I need to switch out my pillow and consider over-the-counter sleeping aids. I have slept for less than 5 or 6 hours for the majority of last week and, so far, the majority of this week. It doesn't matter so much on the weekends because I don't have to be coherent, at work by 9 am. I have problems with falling asleep and feel as though I sleep very lightly, albeit with strange dreams, once I am asleep.

There isn't much else of an update. Not a single place I have applied to has even acknowledged that I applied, let alone offered me an interview. I am in transition and need to continue to be patient with the process. That being said, it is really difficult to not be living independently at my age. I am so grateful for what I have, but I am ready to find my place in this city. I think it will be in Adams Morgan. More on that when I can move from dreaming to reality.

No comments: