Monday, March 16, 2009

American_Girl

I think it is kinda funny when I read a job announcement for the position: gender-based violence coordinator. I know what they are trying to say; however, I think the position title should be, ah, re-evaluated. I can see the cover letter now...

In other news, I should know tomorrow if my internship turns into something where I am paid, a real person! Imagine! I am so nervous. I know I have the job if they have the money. It's not like they created a position for me - they are already operating short-staffed. I have no control over the situation...so nervous...I hope I can sleep tonight. Last thing I need is my insomnia rearing its ugly head. I've been able fall asleep recently, however my dreams have been horrible and weird. Not nightmares, but horrible none the less.

My weekend was really fun and too short. I bought a beta fish to be my office, and so far, only, pet. His name is Edward Sweeny after Johnny_Depp characters. You've probably guessed that my fish is incredibly handsome and talented, just by his name. He has spots on his bottom fin and looks fantastic in his new zen aquarium. He rode the metro TWICE and I am considering knitting him a bag so I can carry him around to visit the sites of DC, similar to my blue purse. I kept the container I brought him to work so we have options. I'll have to upload the pictures of the purse and the sites soon.

2 comments:

zoNa said...

congrats on your job ems!!! oh, and that job title made me laugh :):)

Brooke said...

Coordinating gender violence, eh? How worrying! lol Joking aside, I am so glad to hear that your hard work has paid off. I can think of no one more deserving!