Thursday, March 12, 2009

Paranoid_Android

So there is a bit of depressing news on the job front: the article in USA_Today that the feds, states and counties/cities are being swamped with job applications. A lot of the applications are from highly-qualified individuals. Add the anecdote that the FBI received over 227,000 applications for 3,000 openings and it gets staggering. I will keep trying, not to worry, but it is not encouraging.

In brighter news, the security guard downstairs is going to bring me homemade Ethiopian food for lunch one day. She is so nice. Every time I leave the building, except at the end of the day, I ask if I can get her anything - she is stuck at the desk for hours at a time. Well, yesterday, she insisted that I have some of her lunch with her - the Ethiopian bread and some spicy vegetarian puree. Oh my, it was so good. So she said sometime, she will bring a whole meal for me, but that she doesn't want to tell me which day in case she can't follow through. How wonderful is that? I am trying to think of how to thank her properly when the time comes. I can guarantee that it will not involve my culinary skills. Maybe flowers or something....I dunno. Oh, I could knit her something!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Bloomington now has an Ethiopian restaurant, and it is HEAVENLY!