Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Run, Ems, Run!

Last night while walking home from work, I realized that I wanted to run. So, I went home, put my laundry in the machine, changed my clothes and charged my iPod while all this was going on. I decided to listen to my play list, Ladies Rule, on my iPod and off I went. I ran for just over 30 minutes and forced myself to try to keep a pace (although I have no experience in this) and I found that 7 songs is a good amount of time, but listening to music that I can sing along to, if only in my head. It wasn't insanely hot like last time I went running. It is interesting because when I was in grad school and before that, working at the law firm, I never felt like I had time to go running/work out, etc. Now, I think "oh, it's only 30 minutes" and I remember what my friend Elliot told me about running - it is pretty much the most bang for its buck in terms of benefits vs. time. Ok, so I ran one day. Who knows if I'll run again. But it felt good. I wasn't sad any more afterwards.

After my run, I hosed off my porch/terrace. Oh my, there was so much dust. I should have been doing this throughout the summer. I want to hose it off again because I am sure I didn't get all the grime. I also washed my chair pads for the plastic lawn chairs. I know! Look at me go! My laundry, running and cleaning my porch all in one evening! Now, I just need to clean my bathroom, kitchen and vacuum. Tonight is not the night to finish cleaning but I will before Nora comes and stays with me on the 19th. Tonight I am planning Manuel and Maria's visit. I am so stoked they are coming!

2 comments:

zoNa said...

whoah! captain productive!

zoNa said...

she is sooooooo cute!!!!!!