Friday, September 5, 2008

General Update

Today, I am wishing I spoke Macedonian better. Our office is meeting with the leading women NGOs to discuss the DV projects we've been working on all month and I can't participate because I don't understand Macedonian enough to follow the conversation. It's alright I suppose. I am sure I will be fully informed after the meeting is over. Even if I were better at Macedonian, this would be hard to follow because the words used are not every day words, for the most part.

I get a 3 day weekend due to Monday being Macedonian Independence Day! So far, my weekend looks like it will be quiet. Tomorrow, I am showing the American from Colorado around in the morning and Sunday afternoon, I am off to Damjanka's for lunch. She's my landlady and I am hoping she is teaching me how to cook again :)

Speaking of cooking, I managed to make a fairly delicious pasta/sausage dish the other night. The only potential problem is I worry it made me smell like oh onion and garlic. Thank God I did not go out last night. Maybe the smell came from outside, but dear God, if it was from me, oh me oh my oh! So, I ate more for lunch today. We'll see if I smell later tonight. I am not hopeful. Sometimes not having much of a social life is a bonus.

Remember when I told you about the new alcohol law and I was wondering if it would actually be enforced? Well, the bodega near me no longer carries alcohol. Remember how I said this wouldn't effect my lifestyle too much? It won't, really. I liked being able to buy a can of beer on my way home, instead of lugging it a kilometer from near work, but I think I'll be able to manage. So, a law that is actually implemented...if only we could do it with gender equality legislation.

2 comments:

zoNa said...

seriously! they can impose a no beer at convenient stores policy and not an equal opportunity one???

uhhh. priorities????

zoNa said...

COME BACK TO PHILLY!!!!