Friday, August 29, 2008

Weekend plans...um yeah

To answer my friend Caromello's question about musicians: there are sometimes street performers but for the most part, it is pretty quiet on the streets. There is a break dancing group (I think they are Roma), and a clown. I'll be sure to let you know if I hear anything in my adventures.

Last night, I went out with Dao and we had a fantastic time. We split the biggest sandwich of all time, in terms of circumference, then went to her place and chatted on the porch while the rain and thunderstorm put on a show. I realized sitting there that we could have been anywhere in the world because it was dark outside, all the while we are talking in English, listening to American music. Behind Dao's cement balcony is a courtyard that looks like it could be a forest. You can't really see the other apartment buildings, especially at night. I am so grateful for Dao's friendship.

My weekend is going to be exceedingly boring, I believe. Well, I am rarely bored, but by other people's standards, it will seem ah dull. I am going to pick out yarn to start Boban's scarf. He'll be 30 next month. Manuel and I are going to try to chat at noon tomorrow so I'll be in a cafe. There is a slim chance I will go to a beer festival in Prilep or go swimming at some mineral springs, but I sincerely doubt either of these two things will happen. So I will explore my cafes, vacuum up some spiders at my house, clean and just relax. Until next time, aye de ciao

1 comment:

zoNa said...

sounds like an ideal weekend to me! enjoy it!