Tuesday, August 26, 2008

To the Libraray! Lentils! Street Dog!!

I just finished filling out my application to join the British Council's library. This means I can check out books, DVDs, attend chats, etc. Some of you may know that I have 5 movies that I watch over and over again. Imagine, getting caught up on some other movies! And, they might have these 2 books by a Croatian feminist, "Balkan Express" and "How we survived communism and even laughed". Even if the library does not have these 2 books, I am sure there are others that will capture my attention. I will go there after work today to sign up.

In other news, in my feeble attempts to improve my cooking, I am going to try my sister's boyfriend's recipe of lentils and sausages. I have had said dish and it is delicious. So, here goes nothing. I'll let you know if I should hang up the apron in defeat or of my triumph. My cooking is not as bad as I thought and I make killer sandwiches. Mmmmmm...

Finally, you remember the street dog that I wanted to adopt? Well, I saw her yesterday for the first time in a long time. I happened to have some sandwich meat on me so I gave her a piece. She followed me home. I call her simply Street Dog and she is such a good dog. I gave her some of this pate that I don't like so much and some water. I made my sandwiches for lunch and she just sat there and watched. Eventually, I took her back to her "home". While she is exceedingly dirty and probably has fleas and worms, somebody is feeding her. She is not super skinny. We walked back to where I always see her and it appeared, at first, like she would follow me forever. Then, a dump truck passed and for the first time, I heard Street Dog bark. She chased the dump truck away than ran into the yard of her apartment building. She was not out when I walked to work this morning. I really want to get her cleaned up and to a vet. We'll see.

No comments: