Wednesday, May 14, 2008

In the sun


Welcome to the first post in my new blog to chronicle my adventure in Macedonia and beyond! This blog will feature pictures, anecdotes and maybe even some personal thoughts. Please feel free to comment on my blog, but keep it appropriate for some of our younger readers.

Presently, I am sitting in the Philadelphia airport waiting for my flight to Washington DC. I am hopeful that I will have internet in Dulles, but since there is no guarantee of this, I figured I would start blogging now.

According to a former Peace Corps volunteer, landing in Skopje feels like you are entering a Rambo movie. Although I have not seen Rambo, I can imagine what he is referring to. I will tell you if it is anything like expected. I remembered when I landed in Honolulu a couple years ago and expected to smell amazing tropical flowers. Instead, I smelled the exhaust from the airplane I flew in on. Oh well, it was memorable!

And they have now changed my gate. I must pack up and go down the terminal now, but I will post again as soon as possible. TTFN! (ta ta for now)

5 comments:

zoNa said...

Bon voyage emily!!!!

Teeny46 said...

Thanks for sending me your blog site Ems!! I'll look forward to reading your blogs and will appreciate your audience making their comments appropriate for us younger folks. (:

Maria B said...

Welcome to Europe. Macedonia is a whole different culture just 1000 miles away from Amsterdam.

I will visit. Dreaming goes on.

Unknown said...

I hope you are enjoying traveling! It was fun reading your first blog! Take care and I will visit again soon!

Unknown said...

Let the adventure begin!