Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Step by Step

I am back in America and currently in Philly. While it is good to be back in my home country, I am sad I left Macedonia. I am still processing my experiences in Macedonia and missing all the wonderful people I met. Currently, I am hoping to get some much needed rest and trying to be calm about my next steps. I will go to Colorado soon, then to Chicago for a few days after the New Year, then on to DC. It is strange to think I will be living out of my suitcases for the next couple months. One of my friends offered to let me stay at her place in DC while I look for a job. I am hoping that I will find a great position quickly and am able to establish myself in America's capital city. I am nervous, yet excited. I am good at building relationships, not so good at being competitive. I enjoy meeting people from all walks of life and am hoping this is an asset. Here's to the next steps!

I will try to update you more frequently as I am able to reflect on my time. In the mean time, here is a toast to the Republic of Macedonia and all the generosity and hospitality offered to me!

1 comment:

zoNa said...

and here is a toast to you em! its amazing what you have done, and there is no reason to think that what you will do will not be just as special.