Monday, December 22, 2008

Into the NIght

Greetings from Golden, CO. I am in one of my favorite coffee shops, catching up on emails, chatting with friends and beginning my applications for jobs in DC. I am applying to be a Fellow and they want to know my region. So here's my question. Right now, my permanent address is in Colorado, but I am moving to the DC area. What address do I use? They do everything regionally so I am thinking I just say my new DC address (even though I don't know what it is). I feel like I would have a better chance as a candidate from Colorado, but I want to be honest.

My transition back to the States has been an adventure. I feel like I have so many people to connect with and honestly thought I would have more time to work on my applications to various jobs. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. My days and evenings are full of visits. While it is wonderful to catch up, it is exhausting! I am also experiencing some open-mouth-insert-foot moments. My senses are on overload, even though my surroundings are very familiar.

I wish you a happy new year and I will post more often, I promise!

2 comments:

zoNa said...

why do you think you would have a better chance at the job from CO? do they take region into account when hiring???

Anonymous said...

ems, i miss you so much right now. i just dont get why life has to be so hard sometimes. many awesome adventures await us in the near future. i have to remind myself of that!