Monday, May 25, 2009

The District Sleeps Alone

What a weekend! Judy came down from NYC and we were major touristas! It was a lot of fun and I learned so much about DC. I also have so much more to see, but this was a great start. What was really cool is we did a lot of the war memorials and went out to Arlington - it reminded me that Memorial day is not just a 3 day weekend. Jude and I did the double-decker tour bus and it was a fun way to see the city. There were also 40,000 bikers in town for the 20th annual Rolling Thunder parade so the people watching was extra special.

I'm now home in my apartment resting my tired bones. We walked a lot, ate a lot and didn't sleep a whole lot, but it was well worth it. I hope I get to go up to NYC soon to see Jude and Andrea - I need to buy the dress for Andrea's wedding and get a proper dose of Manhattan.

Ta Ta For Now!

1 comment:

zoNa said...

sounds awesome! i wish i could have been there. after living so close to DC for seven years, it is shameful that i have never been there.